Total Pageviews

Friday 9 November 2012

Producing Biodiesel


I just received my Final Year Project Title and its about Bio diesel. So where do I start? There were many papers published about it so I thought it would be a piece of cake finding materials and even start on my project paper. How wrong can I get? There were tons of issues that I have to reconsider before even typing the first paragraph.
To help the newbies out there, here are some tips on what you NEED to KNOW before writing your proposal.
Top 10 Points

  1. Starting material - what are you going to work with. Read on the suitability and productivity of the material. I am using Palm Fatty Acid Distillate, a derivative of pure Palm Oil.
  2. Setting your Parameters - This is important. You have to identify the optimum parameters for your experiment to yield a high purity of bio diesel.
  3. Catalyst - No experiments are allowed without catalyst (unless you want to sit next to your experiment for 3 days). Find out about the nature of your catalyst and its compatibility with your starting material.
these are just the beginning. stick with me if you want to know more. I shall do my best to post the rest within the week. Happy Experimenting.
Here is a video of bio diesel production at home.

Basics of Biodiesel

No comments:

Post a Comment