Total Pageviews

Wednesday 1 June 2016

My first time scuba diving

My diving trip to perhentian Island 

I have never dived before and the closest I've been in the water is swimming on the surface or snorkel. For first timers or those who are about to do it, go for it! It's an opportunity no one should ever miss. The beauty is enthralling and as a person who never really took care about the environment, I'm now one of those people who tries to be eco-friendly at all time.  
My schedule was as shown below.


Thursday (18/6)
Depart from office in KL at 11pm taking the bus ( my company's trip)

Friday (19/6)
Reached kuala besut jetty at 7am
Took boat to island, checked in the chalet at 10.30am
Started diving lessons at 11am.
Was briefed on the basics of diving and how to assemble the equipments properly. Got measured for my fins and wet suit. I strongly recommend that whoever is doing first dive to get a rash guard of their own (preferably long sleeve) and if you got your own mask and snorkel piece, that's fine too. If it's new, just use a lighter to burn the edges of the rubber mask slightly to ensure its comfortable to wear.

First dive : 12pm (1.5hrs-est.) - learned the basic swimming techniques and signals for divers such as OK, up, down, oxygen is at baseline and etc. We were at an enclosed water at a nearby beach with depth up to 10m deep.
Debrief
Lunch break - try not to eat anything heavy. Replenish on water or isotonic drink is fine. Sandwiches would do.

Second dive : 4pm (3 hrs)
Debrief
Dinner

Saturday (20/6)
Breakfast 
Diving lesson
First dive : 8.30am (1.5 hrs)
Debrief 
Lunch
Second dive : 1.30pm (1 hr)
Debrief
Free n easy
Quiz and exam - use common sense please. Don't try to murder your partner accidentally and don't do stunts in the water.

Sunday (21/6)
Breakfast
Diving lesson : 8.15 am
First dive: 8.30am ( 1hr)
Debrief
Lunch
Second dive: 11.30am ( 51 mins)
Debrief 
Third dive: 1.30pm (53 mins)
Debrief
Certified open water diver
Shower: 3pm

Head back to k.besut jetty at 4pm
Left jetty at 4.30pm
Reached office at 12.40am

Due to the super packed agenda, I was able to complete my dive within 3 days and 2 nights trip.

I had other dives after that :)

Hope you enjoy your first experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment